Wednesday, June 07, 2006

40th Birthday Part II

My girls and me at my 2d birthday party tonight. A dear friend of mine, Julie Sheldrup, took the girls for the afternoon/evening so I could have some "me" time. I ran an errand, got a mani/pedi and came home to start preparing for the festivities! Julie and the girls showed up at the party and everyone had big smiles! Maryn and Larsen got their own manicures (which they're showing off in the picture). They desparately wanted to stay up to watch me open the presents :) They didn't really get it that "big girl" parties aren't about the presents...they're about having girlfriend time and eating yummy food!!!! And, maybe drinking some great wine and some yummy raspberry martinis (thanks LisaMo!!). All in all, a fabulous day here in the sunny PNW! I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family members who called or emailed to wish me a happy birthday during this big milemarker in life. Thanks to you all! Posted by Picasa

No comments: